Wednesday

Classic Danish Design: Kay Bojesen's Elephant

No comments:
 

I am a sucker for wooden design. I love Muuto's The Dots, the HAY Hand, Areaware 's Cubebot, the HAY Spinning Top and HAY Gym Rings..  When it also happens to be  a piece of classical Midcentury Modern design I'm sold :) I've written articles before about the love for my Architectbird bird designed by Kristian Vedel and of course my Teak Monkey by Kay Bojesen, and today I'm showing you another classic by Kay Bojesen, his Elephant. Just like Monkey, the Elephant was designed in the early 1950s and I love that even today they are still handmade in Denmark, produced by Rosendahl. Bojesen used to remark how he feels that his animals should never be an exact replica of natura, feeling that 'the lines in a design should smile' :) Doesn't this fella put a smile on your face?



Sources: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff